Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Such Joy, Such Unspeakable Joy


First Trimester.

God gave us the most wonderful gift we can ever imagined on our fourth-year anniversary celebration. The joy was immeasurable and we were both intoxicated in our excitement when we first discovered the good news!

After trying and waiting for two whole years, I’ve finally conceived! It was tough and faith-stretching having to endure the journey of waiting, but we held on to the promises of God in Psalm 128.

1 Blessed is every one who fears the LORD,
Who walks in His ways.
2 When you eat the labor of your hands,
You shall be happy, and it shall be well with you.
3 Your wife shall be like a fruitful vine
In the very heart of your house,
Your children like olive plants
All around your table.
4 Behold, thus shall the man be blessed
Who fears the LORD.
5 The LORD bless you out of Zion,
And may you see the good of Jerusalem
All the days of your life.
6 Yes, may you see your children’s children.

Peace be upon Israel!

My first trimester was considered a “breeze” as compared to what others may have experienced. No sickness, no cravings, no mood swings etc… what gracious provision from the Lord! I was unaffected at all in my church ministry and my work responsibilities. In addition, I’ve also received favours from my superiors who excused me from traveling assignments and were generally concerned about my overall welfare. Showers of advice and concerns poured in generously from my colleagues and friends.

We are truly grateful to all our friends and family members who have been praying unceasingly for us during our family planning and my pregnancy journey.












No comments: