Monday, May 21, 2007

The MAN of the HOME

Ever since we got married, I had been dreaming about having a baby.... Boy! Not! I had been enjoying the wonderful times of couplehood. Just my wife and I.. and this is truly happiness and joy as I look forward to going home and seeing my beautiful wife. If we happen to be going home together after having a dinner or any other events prior, we never fail to giggle our way from the carpark to the doorsteps of home.... ah, heavenly marriage indeed... soon all these will change and I will need to wait for another 2 decades or so before I can have my wife back ;p. Did I mention Boy? Yes, that was what I actually hope our first baby will be. I will not hide this and will face this like a man, slightly disappointed but soon overwhelmed with joy! With the knowledge that a life is in the hands of God as He wove her into being.... AWESOME! So it is official, I will have 2 girls to deal with now in our family. :)

I had been reading alot about pregnancy and babies and how to effectively educate them... and no, I do not subscribe to hearsay of modern methods. I diligently checked out the stages of fetus and infant development that are emprically recorded and square it against those modern teachings. For example, I found it totally ridiculous to talk and even play music to the fetus before 7 months old, since the frontal celebral and inner ear loops are not fully developed until then. The only reason why I talked to the baby is to solely comfort and "play" with my wife. After researching into all the facts, I had developed my personal conviction that pregnancy is ALL about the mummy-to-be and NOT the fetus - "Keep thy mummy well and all will be well with the fetus!"

Giftings of babies are already pre-determined. Playing music to the fetus will not add a "single note" of music recognition ability if the baby simply does not have what it takes. However, I do believe that the baby will be calmed by familar voices, music or even noise which he or she heard while in the mother's womb.

With the above understanding that indeed ADELE will be simply unique and not circum to any human whimps/wishes or "engineering", I will love her as who she is and not what she will become... simply unconditional love as God's Gift.

- DADDY TERENCE

No comments: