Thursday, May 3, 2007

Mother & Baby Bonding

It's such a tremendous feeling when baby Adele kicks and turns in my tummy. She's a real playful one and tends to leave me sleepless at nights. Yet I love to feel her all the time and even try to "communicate" with her through my special "morse code". That's what my hubby terms when I tap my fingers or run them around my tummy as if signalling to baby Adele to wake up and play with me.

What a wonderful feeling to know that I'm not alone even when my hubby goes on travelling assignment! Carrying my baby brings an instant comfort and warmth to my heart. I'll read to her bible stories at night... yeah.. this is what they term as "pre-natal education". It's not exactly proven that babies given such early education will indeed excel further than their peers who were depraved of it. I believed it is more like a means to foster mother-baby bonding and to nurture greater maternal instincts in one.

Nowadays, our shopping tends to revolve around baby Adele. We never fail to pick up any newborn clothings, feeding articles and other infant care items during our shopping. We've even furnished a room with shelves and cabinet dedicated to baby Adele's stuff. I guess it's hard to comprehend the excitement bubbling within our soul, unless you've been a parent yourself.

We're so looking foward to her arrival... dreaming about what she'll be like... imagine us bringing her to the zoo..etc, doing all the things we used to see other parents doing.

No comments: