Saturday, July 14, 2007

Announcing the Arrival of Baby Adele




1 July 2007 is another significant turning point in my life - the day of the arrival of Adele. After 39 weeks of anticipation and excitement, and enduring her kicks and turns in my womb, I finally get to see my baby!

My contractions started pretty unexpectedly on 28 June, Thursday. It was still bearable and I could even go for a hair-cut on Friday afternoon, followed by cell meeting that night. It intensified on early Saturday morning around 2 am. However, again it subsided slightly during the Saturday daytime. As I did not experienced any other signs of labour such as rupturing of my water bag or blood discharge, I did not even regard it as the onset of labour. However, the pain became so unbearable on Saturday night 10 pm onwards that I began to get worried. Since there were still no other signs, I thought to myself: am I supposed to bear with the excruciating pain for another week till my due date on 7 July? We decided to inform my gynae about my contractions. Immediately we were told to go to the hospital and I was admitted to the labour ward.

Being a person with "zero" pain tolerance, I requested for the epidural without any hesitation. Thank God for the pain relief. Can't imagine how I can still have the strength to deliver my baby if I have to endured the pain. It was a long 14 hours of waiting in the labour ward because my dilation was so moving at snail's pace. At one point, I was even given a drip to speed up my dilation, unformantely, my baby resisted it so badly that her heartbeat dropped. Finally, at 3 pm, my gynae came and prepared me for delivery. After about 3-4 pushes, a loud wailing sound greeted us and my baby was placed on my chest. It was such an emotional experience for me that I didn't know how to react but to cry with joy. I guess only the mothers can truly understand my feelings at that moment. The mother and child bond that was seeded 39 weeks ago has eventually crystallized into a little life.




No comments: